In the autumn of 2023, France will host the Rugby World Cup. France will be anxious to win a competition they have never won on home soil, while South Africa is the current champion. France Rugby World Cup 2023
The 10th Men’s Rugby World Cup, which will take place from September 8 to October 28, will feature 20 teams competing for the Webb Ellis Trophy.
After winning the Six Nations in 2022, the hosts France will attempt to claim their first Rugby World Cup victory at home after three previous finals defeats.
At the Stade de France in Paris, the venue of both the semifinals and the championship game on Saturday, October 28, France will play New Zealand in an exciting opening match on Friday, September 8.
Additionally, eight other locations in Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Bordeaux, Saint-Etienne, Nice, Nantes, and Toulouse will host games.
The teams are divided into four pools.
|Pool A||France||Italy||Uruguay||New Zealand||Namibia|
|Pool B||South Africa||Ireland||Tonga||Romania||Scotland|
Some of the major highlights:
- The All Blacks are one of the favorites to win the Webb Ellis Cup for a record-breaking fourth time after sweeping to victory in the Rugby Championship, despite being thoroughly defeated by South Africa in their final warm-up match.
- The Six Nations champions Ireland, Eddie Jones’ struggling Australia, and England all kick off their tournaments the following day. Steve Borthwick’s team has the difficult task of facing an in-form Argentina in Marseille in what is probably going to be a pivotal Pool D match.
- Ireland’s schedule for the pool stage couldn’t be more advantageous: following what they hope would be a settling win against Romania in Bordeaux on Saturday, they have a seven-day rest before their next two matches, against Tonga (16 September) and South Africa (23 September). After that, Andy Farrell’s team will have a lengthy two-week rest before their crucial match against Scotland on October 7 in Paris.
- Without the documentation issues that prevented them from using two players for the competition, Namibia’s life in Pool A, where they must play France and New Zealand, would have been difficult enough.
- As tournament debutants, Chile appears to be up against it when they face Japan in their opening encounter on Sunday before playing Samoa, England, and Argentina in the remaining Pool D games.
You can follow all the exciting matches, fixtures, and highlights here. France Rugby World Cup 2023